Friday, August 28

Surgery Sucks

Well I have officially survived day one post-surgery for biopsy number two. While the surgery, the two+ inch incision that is currently inhabiting my right side and the four incisions on my left wrist really hurt, I finally have a prognosis.

The doctors have finally confirmed that I have Hodgkin's lymphoma! It seems so strange to actually be hoping for a certain kind of cancer but the cure/survival rates are so high and it reacts really well to chemotherapy (or so I hear.)

Chemotherapy still seems so mythical to me. I know I continue to talk about it and I know that Tuesday is the day, but it hasn't really set in yet. Today M and I went over to Walgreens to pick up all of my medication that I am supposed to take with me to treatment. I was shocked when I saw that my dear friend Express Scripts saved me $350+ for THREE pills. I am really praying for a miracle that this prescription makes me feel like a million bucks.

I have a few days of relaxation and healing ahead of me before Monday's PET/CT and Tuesday's bone marrow biopsy and round one/cycle one.

Now, it is time to sleep.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment