Friday, April 23

Wait and See

Hey everyone - sorry it has been so long since my last post but I am finally feeling a little better and closer to my normal self (well as normal as that ever was.)

I have been trying to keep myself busy during the days with a variety of projects, none of which seem to be cleaning the house or unloading the dishwasher (much to B's dismay... just kidding honey) The most recent project I have picked up is an old scrapbook that I started, oh about four years ago, and have rekindled my romance with scrapbooking.  Apparently this project trumps the two needlepoint projects that I currently have going on, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the hats I need to make for the hospital or the page full of thank you notes I need to write -- so to all of you who sent me a heartfelt gift for my birthday, I promise your thank you note is coming and I LOVED everything!!

Besides piling crafting projects on myself, I have also been working at trying to get my head down to totally bald - as I mentioned in my last post, I thought it was imminent - now it is pretty much a reality.  I have recently learned a few things about being bald and hair loss:
1. it isn't as easy to lose hair, when it is super short - I have since come up with a solution (that is to come later)
2. a smooth head seems to stick to everything.  Just yesterday I was laying on the couch with what I like to think are my softly lotioned hands, and low and behold - my hands STUCK to my head.  How many lucky people can say that?!
3. your head really is a huge heat conductor - it was 70-something degrees and I was walking around the house with a cashmere beanie on.

As I have been trying to enjoy the weather, I have also been trying to not burn more superwhite scalp to a crisp. I never knew how fairskinned I really was - I mean it is astonishing. Thank god I tan easily or I could give Nicole Kidman a run for her money...  I mean people say fair skin is back in, but I think two-tone is the next thing, tan face and white scalp is really the look of the future.  

According to my mother, I have never been this bald, EVER, not even when I was a baby - so needless to say, it has been an interesting experience for all those involved. SO as I mentioned in bald-point-number-one, getting to this almost bald status has been challenging to say the least.  I was really hoping for a mass exodus that would leave me Doctor-Evil bald but instead we have had to use some interesting means to get there.  I have certain spots on my head that felt out entirely, I have some that seem to be holding on for some reason and then I have others that needed a little assistance. So M and B decided to give a lintroller a twirl - that's right, the same contraption you use to gather up errant pet hair. Miraculously it works! So to rid myself of Dalmatian spots and to achieve total smoothness, I have been lintrolling my head to nab those pesky spots. Below are a couple of photos, the first was last week and since then I am a bit more smooth :) 

My eyebrows will be falling out shortly, but I am prolonging their demise for as long as I can AND thanks to Latisse, my eyelashes seem to be holding strong. I am going to continue using it through transplant and see how it works.

So, this is a status update on me - the next thing I really have to do is go in on May 3 for my PET Scan and a battery of other tests over at Dana Farber.  As I mentioned before, please please think positive thoughts for CR and keep me in your prayers.

Enjoy your weekends everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. loved the update! you look so good (as ALWAYS). ok from the peanut butter mouth to the lint rolloer...you guys are super super creative!

    LOVE YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be nice to have someone to lintroller your head for you... i would like to think that you close your eyes and it feels like the latest trend in spa treatments!

    ReplyDelete