Thursday, October 22

Rolling with Radiology

This morning was my second PET scan and much to my surprise is was very simple and easy especially given the relatively low energy I went into it with.

My appointment was at 7 a.m. this morning and as B and I grudgingly shuffled over to the Menino building I kept encouraging him to get a coffee at Dunkin so he could keep me company as I endured the nasty liquid I was about to ingest - I mentally contemplated an ounce for ounce contest, but to my dismay he abandoned the coffee hunt. 

As we walked into the hospital it was like the changing of the guard - swarms of different colored scrubs hustling around the building trying to make it to their posts on time for the morning change of command.

Registration went smoothly and in no time I was in my room debating how I was going to tell the radiology tech I did not want an IV but wanted to use my new port. Unfortunately, he told me that the sugar sticks to the lines and with ports in particular it lumps and can show false tumors on the scans... his convincing argument persuaded me to give in and pony up a battered vein.

After my disappointing news that I couldn't take my port for a spin I was already a bit downtrodden and then out of nowhere, like winning the lottery or a new pair of Louboutins showing up on your doorstep, he tells me that there will be NO nasty liquid and NO power injections of the dye contrast! I was ecstatic to say the least. All I had to do was have the radioactive sugar injected and then lay in the machine for about half the time as before.

At this point I was thanking my doctor in my head for this gift he gave me on a morning I was truly dreading. I should get the results of the scan on Tuesday when I go into see SM.D. and have treatment. I will let you all know how much this puppy has shrunk once I learn more.

Light the Night pictures will be up soon!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. yay! I am so glad it went better than expected. Love you much, call you soon.

    ReplyDelete