Tuesday, October 13

We'll Call It Even

Tiffany: 3 Port: 1

Chemo today went really well compared to last times' adventure that has lovingly left a throbbing track-mark up my right arm. While I have had a bit more experience in the infusion department, see aforementioned score, the port's 1 infusion trumps all of mine.

I had quite a bit of unwarranted anxiety going into today's treatment. I was not looking forward to the customized needle that they would need to access the port spot - especially since I thought the incision was a bit too close to the disk... but it went swimmingly, even if the needle was really big and semi-daunting!

I woke up this morning put on the numbing cream, scurried off to Moakley to secure my new favorite window seat and had the needle put in with little cringing. According to B I actually looked surprised when Nurse N put it in because I was anticipating so much more pain. 

As I mentioned my infusions went really smoothly especially with my dreaded D drug. What typically takes 2 to 2.5 hours took us 55 minutes and some change - with no hot packs, multiple calls to Nurse N or general discomfort. The only downside to the port that I see at this point is I actually have nausea today which I don't typically have.

I think I can trade a little nausea in exchange for a far smoother experience. 

I guess all-in-all, it was a pretty decent day... especially since too many italian food commercials on TV are leaving B and I with takeout from Stella, which in my book is a nice close to a very long day.

2 comments:

  1. So great to hear the day went smoothly! I'm glad the port is doing it's job and is giving your body a much needed rest.

    Enjoy your Italian! You know there's nothing more soothing than pasta :) Love you guys! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I am so glad the experience was better than normal. thinkin of you has always. love you and my prayers are flying your way.

    ReplyDelete