Monday, January 25

Ode to Blue Cross

Oh Blue Cross Customer Service how I heart thee...

Thank you for standing beside me, letting me sit on hold for hours on end, as we battle together our dear friends at BMC Billing.

Why is it that a single medical bill I receive can't be correct? I kid you not that the stack of "Do not pay, refuting" is larger than the "Ok to Pay" pile.  Do we as Cancer patients seem so unassuming and wearied that the people in the billing offices think they can pull the wool over our eyes and have us pony up triple of what we owe?

While I'm sure you think I am exaggerating about this, I'm not. The last time I was on the phone with customer service we refuted six bills that had I forked over the money I would have paid $1,300 to BMC that was entirely covered by insurance!

So this post is for you, customer service representative. You save me money, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment