Saturday, September 5

A mid-weekend update

Hello all-
Not too much to report as things have slowed down here a bit due to the holiday and the general sense of nausea that now covers my life.

Ooooh actually, I do have three things of good news:
  1. the PET/CT showed no cancer below the diaphragm (super awesome news)
  2. the dreaded bone marrow biopsy came back negative for cancer (even better news, I guess it was all totally worth it)
  3. my labs from this week showed that my body is stabilizing itself well enough to the chemo and isn't flooding my system with more than it can process
In other news, M left today which is a bit bittersweet, one part sad because that means I have one less person to take care of me :) (which I apparently need a lot of these days) and the other part glad because that means she is comfortable enough that I can semi-handle this thing by myself.

The past few days I have been back on the roller coaster: how foolish of me to think that the ride was over! Each day has its ups and downs: I feel great and am ready to go out for the day and then all of a sudden I get smacked upside the head with utter exhaustion! For the past few days, I keep asking myself, HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE MY LIFE WITH THIS STUPID TUMOR!

B said to me today something very wise, "T, you have to stop looking at this as if it's a sprint. This is a marathon where things will come and go everyday and each day will have its ups and downs." I think I have to keep reminding myself of this because trying to fight the battle day to day is exhausting - especially when you're not sleeping at night!!

Not much else to report, B is making a mean looking pecan snapper for dinner so I am going to sign off.

xoxox

T

1 comment:

  1. hip-hip-hooray!! that is super awesome news!!! so happy to hear your body is taking the treatments well too. yes, t, this is a marathon, and you will find out you're stronger than you ever knew. i am behind you every step of the way. blasting the treehouse song!!!!!! xx cher

    ReplyDelete