Tuesday, September 15

Treatment Complete

Just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know that today's treatment went very well. I am already experiencing the typical chemo side effects of mild nausea, fatigue and general tiredness.

B and I went into the clinic around 8:45 this morning and were out of there in record time - 11:45 a.m.! I must admit this was a huge shock and relief compared to the 5 p.m. two weeks ago.

The only real wrench in the plan that I did not expect was that my white blood cell counts were lower than they should be. My absolute neutrophil count in the white blood cells were at 950 and they want them above 1,000. It was safe to treat me today but SMD and D want to make sure I can stay on my treatment schedule so I have been inducted into the Neulasta club - I go into tomorrow for the shot.  Neulasta is a medication that will help jump start the production of white blood cells which in turn will make my lows not as low and the climb back to normal not as difficult

In addition to chemo and Neulasta tomorrow, I also got my second Lupron shot which I must say is much better in the legacy version of the syringe. The Lupron is my fertility hope at this point and I am just navigating the hot flashes!

Hope you are all well.

Love,
T

1 comment: