Friday, March 26

Sweet ICEd T


Over the past few months you have all been riding shotgun as T has guided you through her treatment. Since you are now a captive audience I hope you have your seatbelt securely fastened because I am about to hijack the wheel. Don't tell T though, she doesn't even like side seat drivers.

I am B in the previous posts. Now, as a southern boy at heart there aren’t many things I love in the world more than sweet iced tea. In a sweltering summer it provides refreshment to even the driest of souls. Yet in the early days of a New England spring (currently 37 feels like 27) it can become frigidly cold and I’ve had my fair share over the past few days.

In anticipation of what was to come early Tuesday morning my Sweet T began to slowly brew. At first simmering while holding on to the last glimmer of sunlight that we will call fertility. By noon it had reached a full boil and was nearly scorched by five as we were told that the ICE would be added the next day. Wednesday arrives and ICE is added as was prescribed. This has been an eight hour process for the past three days. Lucky for me I am able to leave the confines of the pitcher (the Moakley Cancer Center) which at times can be overwhelming to even the sturdiest of minds. The T has endured 24 cumulative hours of ICE administrations as well as the emotional stress of Tuesday’s events. If that weren’t enough an evening chaser in the 2 oz. form that many of us enjoy socially must also be stomached. However, I don’t think a buzzard could choke this down without gagging. Even after being scorched, diluted with ICE and tainted with foreign substances the T has remained as sweet as ever.

As much as I love Sweet ICEd T, I think I will hold the ICE from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Brandon, you are the BEST....I don't know what T would do without you and your strong Kentucky convictions....of course it helps that you have red hair and dress good! All of California is silently holding our breath that she WILL get through this stage and that the WINE will flow not the ICE T. You both are in my prayers every night. Be strong and hold on tight to eachother. The Dom P is waiting to flow....Hugs and Love, Claudia and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fellow southerners in Boston are praying for you both like crazy. Please let us know if there's anything at ALL that either of you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both so much. So good to 'hear' your voice B...nothing like a little tag team blogging. prayers going up every day.

    ReplyDelete